The Plant Manager is responsible for the total operation of the assigned manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for the efficient and safe manufacturing of quality products in a manner that is consistent with company policies and procedures. This includes providing workers with information, materials, and training, enabling them to produce the highest quality product possible, monitoring records for employee performance, efficiency, production, safety and ergonomics, TQM, COGS, and encouraging the development of ideas from supervisors and employees.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to all aspects of the manufacturing operations.
- Facilitate, coach, counsel and guide the manufacturing work group to ensure they can deliver year over year results.
- Educate, develop and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve required production results.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures to achieve stated goals.
- Establish goals and objectives and assure performance of such is met at the lowest cost and highest quality.
- Strive for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes to ensure efficiencies and eliminate waste, and implement such plans through people, processes, procedures and equipment.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, freight and repair expenses.
- Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to plant goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure effective interchange of information between all work groups (Such as: quality, maintenance, manufacturing, sales, HR).
- Create an environment where all employees are encouraged and developed to reach the full potential in meeting company goals.
- Exercise direct supervision over general supervisors and line supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
- Meet financial objectives and goals by forecasting requirements, support the annual budget process.
- Review production costs and production quality and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of plant.
- Direct and lead all operations to achieve monthly profit results with a focus on operations throughput.
- Ensure and oversee all EH&S & OSHA rules and regulations are in force.
- Facilitate and direct maintenance to optimize machinery utilization.
- Responsible for the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent communication skills — verbal and written
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to hire, train, develop, and manage operational employees
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict management skills
Education / Experience
- BA/BS business or operations management preferred
- 5-8 years of hands-on manufacturing management experience
- Paving industry experience is required
- Proficient use of MRP, spreadsheets, and data entry
Based on Full Time Employment
- Base pay: Competitive – $130,000 – $160,000 + annual incentive bonus
- Benefits: American Highway – a Simplex Company to provide health care options, 401(k), and further benefits as described in the materials supplied to you. Vacation, holidays, etc. are outlined in our Employee Handbook.