Safely and efficiently operates assigned equipment. Consistently meets production requirements. Recognizes unsafe or defective products and corrects problem. Maintains a clean and safe work area. Prepares paperwork as required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintains production equipment by lubricating, cleaning and making minor repairs.
- Communicates with supervisor on status of production or repairs.
- Documents and maintains records on completed production, order and part number, amount of time required to complete an order, etc.
- Participate in set up reduction efforts and complete change over and/or machine set up as needed.
- Must be able to lift material to and from the worktable and use proper stacking techniques.
- Inspects work area daily to assure all machine guards are in place.
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to be cross trained in various departments
- Performs other related duties.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions & safety policies
- Ability to work in hot and cold temperatures.
- Ability to speak English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to use a wide variety of tools and equipment.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year manufacturing experience.
- Trouble shooting capabilities preferred.
- Requires ability to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, twist and bend at waist, and climb ladders or equipment.
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Maximum unassisted lift – 50 lbs. Average lift less than 25 lbs.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hardhat, steel toe shoes, gloves, hearing protection
Compensation PackageBased on Full Time Employment
- Base pay: Competitive – DOE
- Benefits: American Highway to provide health care options, 401(k), and further benefits as described in the materials supplied to you. Vacation, holidays, etc. are outlined in our Employee Handbook and Supplement.
- Expenses: Reimbursed as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Review: Performance / Salary Review after 90 days of employment and annually thereafter.