This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for delivering HR support, including new hire orientation, to employees and managers throughout the Company through efficient and high-quality operational systems and processes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate candidate experience, including responding to inquiries, and facilitating weekly orientation
- Assist in the full hiring process of employees: advertisements, qualifying resumes, scheduling interviews, verifying work-history and references and tracking of new possible candidates
- Coordinates new-employee onboarding, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Processes Weekly Temporary Associate timecards
- Maintains relationships with local staffing partners
- Reviews and approves team member timecards for bi-weekly processing
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory
- Assists the department with HR projects
- Facilitates American Highway’s benefits process, to include:
- Benefits enrollment
- Performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports
- Provides clerical and operational support to other human resource staff.
- Processing Pre-Employment screening
- Facilitates the administration of leaves of absence (FMLA and otherwise)
- Partners with leaders in manufacturing to recruit for production vacancies
- Provides guidance to team members in all departments on issues ranging from benefits to employee relations to employment related matters
- Must be willing to learn and at times take critical feedback
- Must be interacting with shop floor team members daily in their work environment (Production Floor)
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment in supporting a human resources function in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment. Experience in manufacturing or warehousing highly desired. We’re looking for a candidate with an uncommon balance of creativity and drive, along with interpersonal savvy and basic analytics.
Education / Experience
- 1 – 3 years’ HR experience preferred; exposure to industrial setting is desirable
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience with HRIS highly desired.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- A strong sense of trust and integrity
- Ability to have fun, even in stressful situations